Update on flooring project

Last week, I did a quick update showing off the results of a days worth of work in laying down a new laminate wood floor. After putting in most of today on the project, I’m happy to report that I’m only a few steps from being completely done with this project. I’m very happy with the way it came out and the way it looks. Kitty really enjoys it as well, as her toys tend to slide around on the hard surface. I’ll often hear her entertaining herself by pushing toy mice and twist ties around down there. I’m going to be really glad once it’s all finished and I can move on to the next thing!

IMG_3104

Continue reading

Quick update

First off, happy 4th of July everyone! It’s been a day full of excitement for me and also extremely tiring. First, I completed the previously mentioned flooring project. All of the boards have been put into place. The only thing remaining is to patch a few areas and put in the molding around the edges. Looks pretty good, if I say so myself!

IMG_3096There’s also still a little cleanup left to do…

Secondly, Dollfie Rin arrived on my doorstep. After fumbling around for an hour, I finally got her fully assembled and clothed. I still need to get some sort of a stand and head cap for her, but in all very nice! The one thing I wasn’t expecting was how big she was going to be. She’s extremely tall. I have a 24in diagonal monitor, and she towers over it. I’d initially thought about putting her in the display cabinet, but she would easily take up the height of two shelves…

IMG_3861My, look how tall you are!

More detailed write ups of both items are to come, but for now, I’m too exhausted to stay awake! The flooring project really took a lot out of me… ^.^

Start of the flooring project

In this weekend’s standard deviation from otaku life, I’ll be installing some new laminate wood flooring in the downstairs entryway. Over the course of the past week, I’ve had to tear up the existing carpet, remove the padding underneath, and rip up the tack strips for holding the carpet in place. Once that was all done, I could start the clean up process and fill in the holes and cracks in the concrete. Lastly, I had to clean up parts of the floor with bleach cleaner to get rid of the cat urine smell that had soaked through the carpet and padding… If all goes well, I’ll have more pictures to post later this weekend. I’ll also try to document the stages of the project, time permitting.

Spot the Kitty!

Carpet up and ready to go Continue reading